Damn Straight!

As some of you may already know I am not an "O.P.I. girl".  I admit it.  I don't like their polish.  At the risk of loosing half my readers I have to lay it all out there y'all.  I am just not into it. 
There is a special mix of factors that converge into my near hatred of the brand.  First and most importantly, they are SHEER.  Plain and simple, the majority of their polishes  require too many coats.  They CHIP.  Yeah, they do.  When I try out a polish I always try it naked, by naked I mean no base coat no top coat, just plain.  The longest an OPI has lasted on me is about 5 hours without chipping.  For a brand to rely upon the consumer to purchase base and top coats in order to make their product work correctly, or in their case, at ALL, is bullshit.  
Now with all that out of the way here is the twist that really makes me dislike OPI.  They have this superiority complex attitude about them. And even with all the short comings of the brand they are WAY overpriced.  People act as though they are without flaw. Seriously, it ticks me off that OPI is regarded so highly despite it's many downfalls as though they don't exist.  Hell, some people will only wear OPI in the same way that spoiled actors will only drink a certain kind of bottled water. I call Bullshit!  
 In my opinion it's a brand thing.  Just like Doc Martins in high school, people all "love" OPI only because everyone else they respect "loves OPI".  It's like Marlboro light cigarettes, and 1996 Mustangs.  The problem here is Mustangs aren't COOL, they are retarded,  just like OPI.  My advice to you is to get a Trans Am and some Nfu-oh, playa.  A vette would be better, but hey I can't afford the Chanel polish to go with it.
Now there is ALWAYS an exception to every rule, and my personal exception to the "OPI sucks ass" rule is the OPI designer series.  Specifically OPI DS Glamour.  It is the ONLY OPI I have ever desired.  It is a COBALT blue HOLO people!!! How could I resist it no-matter what brand it is!
Simply Gorgeous. This was 3 coats and it chipped in only 3 hours but HEY I'll suck it up for JUST THIS ONE TIME.  Besies, the "DS" in "DS glamour" stands for "Damn Straight" in my universe. OPI Damn Straight series, it is just way cooler.

Oh yeah, one more thing. the shape of the OPI bottle makes it collect dust. That annoys me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...